09 May 2010

A First-Timer

I was so excited about making this wedding cake ever since the happy couple asked me to do it!  Besides the awesome couple I made it for (they are really good friends of mine here in Regina), this cake was a first-timer for me.  4 levels of cake, a fun buttercream icing, plus 3 layers of flowers!  It's the biggest cake I've ever made!  I think it turned out great, and everyone loved it - I got tons of comments after we had the chance to devour it. 
I transported it in 2 layers, and I had another really good friend help me with that. 
Here are the flavours:
Top - Marble with peanut butter filling
Second - Lemon with lemon curd filling
Third - Chocolate with chocolate mousse filling
Bottom - White with strawberry filling

Congrats to the happy couple!

The cake as a whole

The beautiful flowers I got to work with!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And the flowers are favorite colors too! Looks like a mound of fun.